STATE OF INDIANA’S “SCHOOL CHOICE” SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Saint Mary’s Catholic Community School proudly participates in the State of Indiana’s “School Choice” Scholarship Program. Students who meet the existing admission requirements to Saint Mary’s and the eligibility requirements defined by state may be eligible for a School Choice Scholarship for tuition and fees.
Eligibility requirements defined by the state are posted at: http://www.doe.in.gov/choice
Those applying for a spot at St. Mary’s School must bring the following documents:
- The candidate’s most recent report card.
- The candidate’s most recent ISTEP test or other standardized test results.
- The candidate’s birth certificate.
- The household’s 2013 Federal Income Tax Return with supporting documents included (W-2, 1099, etc.)
Saint Mary’s will examine the pool of school applications to identify those who are eligible to continue with the scholarship application process.
If there are more eligible candidates than available seats, a lottery system will be used (beginning in grade 8 and continuing in descending order) to allocate seats according to our school’s admission protocol categories:
- Roman Catholic candidates whose household is a current, contributing member of Saint Mary’s Church.
- Roman Catholic candidates whose household is a current, contributing member of a neighboring Roman Catholic Church.
- Candidates whose household is not a current, contributing member of a Roman Catholic Church – including those from non-Catholic faiths.
Questions? Please contact our Business Manager, Mrs. Jan Mucha. She will be happy to help you. You may reach her with a telephone call to our Parish Office (219-663-0044) Monday thru Thursday (9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.).