For the past 14 years, St. Mary Catholic Community School has offered an exciting four day three night trip to Washington, D.C. for our 8th grade students. We fly both to and from our destination and stay in hotels with the nicest of accommodations. All parents and legal guardians are welcome to attend! The trip is usually held the first Tuesday through Friday in October.
Past trips have included visits to some of the sites listed below:
- White House
- U.S. Capitol
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Washington Monument
- Bureau of Engraving and Printing
- U.S. Holocaust Museum
- Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
- Smithsonian Museum of American History
- Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
- National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
- Ford’s Theater
- National Archives
- National Cathedral
- St. Francis Monastery
- Gettysburg National Battlefield
- Library of Congress
- Arlington Nation Cemetery
- Lincoln Memorial
- Korean War Memorial
- Vietnam War Memorial
- Iwo Jima Marines Memorial
- Thomas Jefferson Memorial
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial
- World War II Memorial
- Union Station
- The Pentagon
- Mount Vernon
- Old Town Alexandria
The trip is coordinated by Educational Tours, a tour company with over 30 years of experience in the industry. Visit www.brightsparktravel.com for more information.
Any specific questions regarding the trip can be directed to Mr. Brad Nieman at email@example.com or Mr. Ed Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you’ll travel with us soon!
Check out photos from this years trip!